30. Boredom is the feeling that everything is a waste of time; serenity, that nothing is. Thomas Szasz
29. There is no such thing as gratitude unexpressed. If it is unexpressed, it is plain, old-fashioned ingratitude. Robert Brault
Figured we’d at least start the week off continuing the theme of gratitude.
28. If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, “thank you,” that would suffice. Meister Eckhart
27. He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has. Epictetus
26. The only people with whom you should try to get even are those …
This is my second article for psychology today. Please give it a look. (just click second article, or here!)
At the insistence of a client (and her lending me the video) I watched “What the Bleep Do We Know” tonight (now last night). It marries the theories of quantum physics with neurobiology and spirituality as well as some psychology. The movie contains interviews with scientists in various areas with some animation and cinematography as well as dramatic scenes starring Marlee Matlin. The theme of this movie is our interconnectedness and the unknown reality that lies underneath the reality we perceive. In addition to these themes is the importance of the messages we send ourselves and the part they play in the …
Partners of Substance Abusers In Early Recovery Needed for Research Study
“A one day workshop for the partners of substance abusers
in early recovery using outsider-witness practices”
What the research is about?
This research study from Nova Southeastern University investigates a one day workshop using outsider-witness practices with partners of substance abusers in early recovery.
You must be:
• 21 or over
• In a relationship with a substance abuser in early recovery or may be currently separated but interested in reuniting with your partner.
• Willing to participate in conversations with others and be interviewed in a group setting
• Willing to participate in a 30 minute audio recorded interview at the end workshop
A free lunch will be provided midday during the workshop
Contact Principal Investigator, Limor Ast, M.S.